WE ENABLED THE GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS GIANT, VERIZON, INCREASE REVENUE CHANNELS BY 27 PER CENT
The client is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world, with offices in over 150 locations globally. Their customer engagement platform needed an urgent sales-flow upgrade. Digital TaaS partnered with them to create an agile platform that optimized the application backend with architecture modernization using Backend For Frontend (BFF), open API platform, logging and monitoring to enhance performance as well as user engagement. The whole project was delivered within the stipulated time period of 4 months.
As a result of this implementation, the application today enjoys a high rating amongst users, with over 200,000 downloads achieved so far.
AT A GLANCE
- New feature delivery < 3hours
- New environment setup < 1 hour (from 6-8 weeks)
- Response time reduced to <25 ms
- Transactions per minute increased to 25000
- 40% better hardware utilization
- 60% lesser operational expenses
- 27% revenue from co-branding and agent-commerce
The business requirement was to increase sales by 3-6 %, and the application needed to be built for scalability and resilience. Their existing monolithic architecture was struggling to deliver during high volumes of calls, which in turn affected user-experience. Any new environment setup took anywhere between 6-8 weeks, severely affecting employee and system performance. Further, there was no system to measure or analyze customer behaviour metrics, which could be leveraged for strategising the marketing stream.
THE DIGITAL TAAS ADVANTAGE
Digital TaaS built a distributed, scalable and resilient cloud-native platform, through a three-pronged approach.
- Technology re-engineering:
- Reengineered digital architecture from monolithic architecture, disintegrating them into 16 discrete functional microservices, deployed through Docker/ Kubernetes cloud cluster.
- Built a distributed, scalable and resilient cloud-native platform with <250 ms response time, and 25000 transactions per minute capabilities
- Deployed an Open APIs platform with 109 endpoints, released in 4 phases targeting a variety of stakeholders (internal, partners, agents and public)
- Captured, measured and analysed customer behaviour metrics to understand user sentiment, through an Adobe analytics module.
- Speed to market:
- Strategy and roadmap with a pilot, to build a CI/CD pipeline that could deliver any new feature in 3 hours or less.
- New environment setup time was reduced to 1 hour
- New value streams:
- Discovering new digital technology channels, with great customer-experience at the core
- Customer interactions automated through chatbots and AR/ VR technology adoption
- Enhanced application performance, backend optimization and user experience
- The client achieved a 40% improvement in hardware utilization and a 60% reduction in OpEx
- Reducing the response time reduced to less than 25 ms, we increased the transactions per minute to 25000
Delivered co-branding and agent commerce initiatives supporting 27% revenues